Monitoring patient pain scores is no easy task. Many means by which pain is evaluated in post-operative patients is biased and far too open to interpretation. Infudyne has adopted the RAX Delta proxy pain scoring algorithm as an additional tool by which to interpret non-biased pain scoring in our patient population.
The RAX Delta® proxy pain scoring algorithm allows for real-time pain interpretation on 100 percent of your patients without the need to interrupt a patients recovery with multiple phone calls or emails. As the ambIT PCA collects behavioral data on 100 percent of your patients, we are able to filter and interpret that data to provide a proxy pain score during the use of the device. This score is based entirely on non-subjective data, and eliminates bias as found in patients responses. The RAX Delta® values highlight changes, or an absence of changes, in postoperative acute pain scores as you update your therapies and offers and additional tool to monitor patient outcomes. Here are a few advantages.
- RAX Delta® reporting allows for comparative pain scoring between therapy combinations… bolus types, basal rates and lock-outs, and anesthetic types and percentages.
- RAX Delta® reporting allows for comparative pain scoring between combinations of data points such as surgeons, anesthesiologists, procedures, patient demographics, block types, facilities, etc..
- RAX Delta® reporting allows for comparative pain scoring between your facility scores and company averages for the criteria you request.
- RAX Delta® reporting provides 12-month trend charting to highlight the effects of therapy changes.
- RAX Delta® reporting provides 12-month trend charting to reflect total percentage of your patient population filtered from the results. Valuable in determining the efficacy of your therapies.
For more information on this topic, please contact us.